Amongst the craziness of the world right now, we thought that it would be fun to read up about some cool facts about wine (that we bet you didn’t know!)
1. An average bottle of wine contains about 5 glasses of wine.
2. Two people are averaged able to finish a bottle in 2.5 hours.
3. If you consume a glass of wine every night of your adult life, you will drink about 4,160 bottles of wine.
4. Dry wine has zero fat and 0-2 carbs (I mean how awesome is that?).
5. An average bottle of wine contains 1.65 lbs of wine grapes.
6. In 2012, 1.57 billion pounds of bottled wine including the weight of the glass got imported to the US from EU.
7. In the US, you can legally produce 200 gallons of wine for your personal use.
8. The world contains of 1,368 confirmed wine varieties.
9. The most planted grape variety in the world is Cabernet Sauvignon.
10. An average bottle of wine includes 520 grapes.
Wine Drinking Facts
11. A 750 ml (0.75 L) bottle of wine is 25.36 oz
12. If you drink a bottle of wine a week for your entire adult life you will consume about 2,970 bottles of wine.
13. If you drink a glass of wine a night every night of your adult life, you will drink an equivalent of 4,160 bottles of wine.
14. A bottle of wine has an average of 750 calories.
15. Dry wine has zero fat and 0-2g of carbs.
16. Sweet wine has zero fat and ranges from 3–39g carbs.
What’s inside a bottle of wine?